Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Enough Things

No, I have not suddenly become materialistic- not to worry. But I've become inspired to participate in the Day Zero Project , and make a list of 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days. Several of my cyber friends are doing it, mostly because of the example set by our talented friend Sarah... and reading their lists has made me want to jump in there and make one of my own. People are starting on October 1st, and that would be a really interesting day for me to start as well, because I’d hit my 1001 days the day after Middle Child’s 18th birthday.


Sadly, I may be too boring to do this. I have been working on this list for 3 days now, and have only come up with 28 things. How pathetic is that? The Man won't contribute ideas, for some reason, and I'm having a mental block. Is it possible that I'm too boring for this? Or maybe it's the opposite, and I've just lived way too interesting a life, so I'm out of things I want to do? (Just kidding about that last one.)


Anyhoo... I thought I'd bring it here, and make a plea to you, my friendly readers. Make some suggestions, please! Here's what I have so far:

101 things in 1001 days

  1. read every book in the Bible again (0/66)
  2. visit 2 significant places in the US that I've never seen before (0/2)
  3. learn to knit and finish 2 knitting projects (0/2)
  4. read books by 10 authors I've never read before (0/10)
  5. find 3 poems with significance to me (0/3)
  6. submit a manuscript for publication (0/1)
  7. learn to cook 10 completely new recipes (0/10)
  8. take a walk every day (0/1001)
  9. declare one week a month "no sweets week" (0/33)
  10. declare one day a month "no technology day"- no phone, no tv, no computer, nothing. the oven is still allowed. =) (0/33)
  11. work in the yard once a week (0/143)
  12. grow a garden every spring (0/3)
  13. add one new thing to the garden each year (0/3)
  14. take Small One to a playground once a week (0/143)
  15. set up an Etsy shop (0/1)
  16. donate to a food bank once a month (0/33)
  17. have mom and Middle Child day once a month (0/33)
  18. take a no kids trip (0/1)
  19. host a game night (0/1)
  20. take a girls only trip (0/1)
  21. watch 3 classic movies I've never seen (0/3)
  22. blog every day for a month 6 times (0/6)
  23. spend one holiday doing volunteer work (0/1)
  24. go to the movies with a friend once a month (0/33)
  25. learn to play one song on the guitar (0/1)
  26. watch the sunrise from the beach
  27. bake bread once a week (0/143)
  28. make homemade pizza twice a month (0/66)

So what do you think, readers? Do you have any suggestions for me? I just KNOW I can get a few from at least one of my list loving friends...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hey, me again..(I commented on your BBC carryover too) are there any home improvement projects you can do? Anything you want to learn? anything that scares you that you want to push yourself to overcome?

Jennie said...

Have you tried cheating off the master list of lists on the dayzero website? Some of them had good ideas.

I definitely think you've done all of the mundane things on my list. Your life IS exciting, friend! :)

Jennie said...

No, I have not suddenly become materialistic- not to worry.

By the way, LOL @ ^that^...you are too much.