Friday, April 2, 2010

Slightly Different Take on Easter

Small One is very excited about Easter this year. It's the first year that she's been old enough to be in an actual Sunday school class where actual lessons are taught that she really "gets", and she's in our church preschool as well. I have reason to believe, though, that the secular portion of the program is carrying a little too much weight this year.

I wondered how much she understood of the Easter story, so I asked her. I said "Do you know what happened on Easter during Jesus's time?"

She said, "Did Jesus died?"

I said, "Yes. He died. But on Easter he came back to life, and that's why we celebrate Easter."

She replied, "Yes! And THAT'S why we have eggs shaped like dinosaur heads!"

Hmm... I'm not sure how that relates, actually...

No comments: