Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I think Bobby McFerrin said it best when he said "Bedoodle doo I'm so happy hah bedoo uh so haaappy-simple pleasures are the best!". Or something like that.

I'm in a dither these days, my brain running in circles at a dizzying clip, while I sort and pack and give things away. When I'm not doing that, I'm online, trying to learn more about the town to which I'm moving, or I'm figuring out our budget, or trying to remember the zillion things I need to do before I leave town. Basically, the move is consuming my every thought and action.

Today, though, I decided to put it all aside for a few hours and just be in the moment, in this beautiful summer day, with my Small One. We worked in the garden. We put together puzzles and played a board game. Lunch was peanut butter and the strawberry-rhubarb jelly we purchased at the strawberry festival last month, and fresh watermelon. Is there anything more indicative of summer than a game of Sorry followed up by watermelon?

No comments: