Thursday, August 3, 2017

Long Time Passing

Where does the time go? It's been more than three years since I gave this little blog any love. Of course, that's just because I've been so busy with all the bon-bon eating and lazing about.Ha! It's actually because, along with all the Creature wrangling, I've been doing a ton of writing professionally, which leaves me very little time to think about my own blog.

Small One is not so small anymore. In fact, sometimes I look at her and am completely shocked by how old she looks! She's only got one more year in elementary school, and that makes me extremely mushy. My older two are solidly in their 20s, which makes me a much less integral part of their adventures.

Don't think that means I don't get my quota of little kid action these days. My closest cousin and oldest friend has been blessed, unexpectedly, with a little girl who is now almost four years old, and I play nanny to her twice a week. Since this child is more of a whirlwind than my Small was, she definitely keeps me hopping! For the purposes of this blog, we'll call her Squirrel. (What else do you call a small thing with a penchant for climbing and a constant stream of chatter?) She's not mine, but she and the Small One act like sisters, which is nice.



Anyway, the point is, I'd sort of like to kick this blog back into gear. I'm not promising a daily post or anything, but I do think I'll pop in from time to time and tell you all a thing or two. Wish me luck!




No comments: