Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ant Kingdom Update

For all those who were concerned... and by this I mean "my mom"... the giant ants have left the building.

I believed they were on the way out, there had been fewer in the past few days. My cousin was here Thursday night and she did not notice them when she was in their bathroom of choice. And as I stated in my previous post, they typically leave in a week or two.

Apparently last night's adventure, which involved The Man carrying out many of the critters with the kitchen garbage while I swept their comrades out the door with vigour and ferocity, convinced them that this is not a comfortable place to hang out. I can only imagine the ones in the garbage bag struggling to climb through the little spaces between where the bag is tied, finally making it to freedom so they can warn their compatriots, "Don't go in there! That bathroom is bad news! She's got a broom!"

Well, maybe that's not exactly how it happened, but I have not seen ants in 24 hours. I think it's safe to declare the former kingdom an ant free zone.

No comments: