Monday, July 6, 2009

Note to Self

Dear Future Me,

From here on out, please refrain from announcing to the world that your week will be peaceful. I know you THINK you're being a positive person, but in reality you are merely ASKING to wake up to a sick child, a broken appliance, a monetary crisis, and some sort of animal waste combo. So, while I appreciate the sentiment, I'd prefer to just take it as it comes, and only make announcements that are truly verifiable, such as "oh, my child is napping at this moment".

Sincerely,

Me

ps- At this moment, my Small One is napping, the figurative fires are temporarily out, and there are no actual fires or other catastrophic events occuring in my home. Thus, I think it would be prudent of me to take a nap and try to reboot this day.

No comments: