Friday, June 17, 2011

The Challenge of NaBloPoMo

I think this is the third or fourth time I've done this challenge, and let me just say, it's hard. I absolutely do not have something pithy to say every day for a month. That being the case, I think today's post will be a journal entry, pretty much.

The Man has gone away for the weekend, and he took Small One with him, They're off visiting the paternal grandfolks, which would normally leave me alone with MC, except this week, her boyfriend is visiting, so I'm alone with two (count 'em TWO) teenagers. Teenagers who are infatuated with each other, no less.

My strategy for handling this is simple- keep them busy. They've hung out at the pool, played with Small One, come with me to the grocery store... and this weekend, I'm supposed to take them camping. I've been really dreading this part of it, because I loathe camping, with every fiber of my being, but hey! I may be in luck. The weather channel is predicting rain, and since camping in the rain is no-one's idea of a good time, I think I'm off the hook. Our camping trip will turn into a day trip, or maybe two.

Of course, this brings me back to the original dilemma, of how to keep them busy. Any suggestions? I'll be back to check for answers later- right now I'm off to the dollar theater.

No comments: