Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Homeward Bound

So, tomorrow, we head back home. It's always bittersweet for me, the end of a vacation, because as much as I look forward to my home, there are always things I meant to do before I ran out of time. I never seem able to squeeze it all in.

It's sort of a metaphor for life, isn't it? Doing all the things you mean to do, before you run out of time? I'm trying to learn to live in the moment, and it is a long and drawn out process. I wonder if I'll ever get it right.

Tomorrow night, I'll sleep in my own bed. The next morning, MC's boyfriend will arrive, and I'll have to entertain him for a week, before driving four hours to return him to his home, and take MC to her dad's house. By that time, June will be over, and where is the summer going, so fast?

Summer days are supposed to be long, aren't they? Does anyone else feel like nothing is long anymore, that time just zooms right past? Is this a sign I'm getting old?

Maybe don't answer that last one. For now, I'm going to bed, to snuggle with my Small, and relish this time, while she's little and sweet, and still thinks I hung the moon, because I know for a fact that this is something that will pass too quickly.

And tomorrow, I am totally going to cheat, and post vacation pictures, because it's Wordless Wednesday, and I can.

No comments: