Monday, November 14, 2011

The Flattering Nature of Children

My back is itchy. I don't mean just now, I mean in general. I keep a back scratcher by my bed at all times, because otherwise, my itchy back would drive me nuts. I think I may have inherited the itchy back thing from my dad. But I digress.

Anyway, I'm not home right now, and so I do not have my back scratcher. Thus, my back is ever itchy.

I'm also sharing a bed with Small One. The other night, she saw me trying in vain to scratch the part of my back that I can't reach, and she asked me if I wanted her help. I pulled up the back of my shirt, and said "Do you see anything back there that would make my back itch?"

She looked for a minute, then said, "Well... there's a LOT of hair back here... and a bunch of lumps."

Nothing like a five year old to make you feel like a troll.



(ps... disclaimer: I do NOT have a lot of hair and a bunch of lumps on my back. Just saying.)

No comments: