Sunday, November 6, 2011

Traveling Times

This summer, I took my girls on a road trip, through Kentucky, up to Chicago, down to Bloomington, Il, over to St Louis (to see the arch)...

We also went back to the town from which we moved a year ago several times. We typically go once a month, sometimes twice. Then in October, we took a week long Florida vacation (pure bliss!) complete with beach and Disney World.

So, about a week ago, Small One says to me, "Mommy, why don't we travel any more?"

Ha! I am absolutely delighted to know that somewhere, amidst the gigantic cluster of her father's personality traits, there is at least a glimmer of me. She's inherited my wanderlust.

Anyhoo, we are on the road again. My cousin, to whom I am extremely close, has had to have major surgery, and I'm going to try and be of some assistance. MC is staying home, and the Man has to work, but since my work is portable, and Small is only in preschool, we're off. Interesting, though, the four hour road trip we made today. Here are some things I learned:
  • Small does not like meteors. Because "Astronauts are floating around up there, and they are wearing helmets and stuff like that, but they can still get killed by a meteor."
  • In fact, she's not so sure being an astronaut is such a great plan, since there are a bunch of dangerous things out there, including the sun, which has fire on it, and also, space dust. She doesn't seem clear on what space dust does, but it does not seem good.
  • If anyone lived on Jupiter, they would not be able to move, because there is too much gravity. People on Jupiter would be very short, and would not be able to move. She told me this by way of warning, in case I was considering a move to Jupiter. Her advice? Don't do it.
  • Giraffes are the coolest animals in the world. This is because they have super long necks.
  • Penguins are the coolest ducks in the world. What's that you say? Penguins are not ducks? Ok, well, they are the coolest birds in the world that are not ducks. Or rather, they are the coolest water birds. 
  • Not only that, but they are the biggest birds in the world. Other than flamingos, of course. What? No, they are super big. They're only a couple of feet tall? Well, that is super big for a bird. Oh yeah, maybe ostriches are bigger. But even ostriches are not bigger than Daddy, because Daddy is super tall.(Mom's note: Dad is 5'9", maybe 5'10". So...)
All in all, a very informative trip. 

No comments: