Thursday, January 16, 2014

Throwback Thursday- Disney Reminiscing





I've been to the Magic Kingdom roughly 6739 times in my life, having grown up in Central Florida. Funny thing about it, though, it never fails to thrill me, planning a trip. We never do the big stay-at-the-park-for days thing, we just go for a day, and I'm happy. We're planning a pop in on Monday, and we're not telling Small until we get there, and I'm beyond excited. My difficulty in keeping this secret is making me laugh at myself...picture this Kristen Wiig character from Saturday Night Live and you'll have a pretty good idea of what I'm going through.


Anyway, planning this trip got me misty, thinking about the first time we took Small. It was the summer before she turned 3, and she was madly in love with Cinderella.

Of course, MC was with us on that trip, too, because she was not quite 15.



It was truly idyllic family time, really the perfect day, which Disney always should be, but often isn't. 






We've been back once since then, but this is the trip that sticks in my mind as the best, the most magical and truly one of the most pleasant days we've ever spent. It was the kind of day where everyone did exactly everything they wanted to do, no one got too tired or cranky, and we closed out the night with fireworks in front of the castle. 


This time is going to be strange, because it will be the first time in 19 years that I've been without MC. It's going to be different, for sure, because it will be very 7 year old oriented. Whatever the day brings, I can't wait.

No comments: